Saturday, September 29, 2012

My first 10 miles

I've been training for a half marathon since early August. My first. The race is October 21 and a couple weeks ago I had a run of 10 miles on my plan. I know I've never run 10 miles in a row in my life. Ever.

I asked my friend, Andy, a runner for a few years now, for advice for a long run like this. He told me to be patient and to make sure I gel and water for the run. I totally forget to get gel (I've never used it) and the morning of the run I was searching for something to take with me on the run. My solution? Rece's applesauce packets! These work great for Rece - no mess and they taste great. I had one before the run and filled it with water and took another with me. I ate it at mile 6 and applesauce (and applesauce flavored water) never tasted so good. And, don't tell anyone but this running thing is kind of growing on me. We'll see how the hip and knee holds up through the race. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment