Saturday, September 29, 2012

Derner men fishing trip

On thing my dad, brothers and I have never really learned to do is relax. (Well, I'll admit, I've been trying harder than they have to learn this skills for some time) We're trying, though. We planned our second fishing trip this year to Wetstone Bay in South Dakota. Dad upgraded the fishing boat which was much needed after our harrowing experience in the 16' Lund last year at Pierre.

Yes, it was only 36 hours together and the fish were few and far between, but that wasn't the point. The fact that we all made the time and effort to do it - that just hanging out together was important enough. I don't think we'll ever be good at relaxing; I don't see any weeklong camping excursions in the immediate future, but we had a great time and have memorable experiences to build on for the future.

My brother Levi and nephew Chance with the best catch of the trip - nice walleye
 
 
Dad - fishing, driving and directing (can you believe he going to be 70 next year?? I hope I age half as well as him)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment