Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rece's First Trip to the Omaha Zoo

For those of you that don't know, Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo is a top-rated zoo in the United States - in the same league as San Diego and Cincinnati. When I taught, I would take my animal science students on a field trip there annually to meet with the head zoo vet and get a behind the scenes tour of the facilities to learn about animal care, nutrition and genetic research. I love this zoo. Expect to see LOTS of pictures of it through the years.

But this trip wasn't about animals for Rece as much as it was hanging out with cousins, Chance and Shelby, and grandma and grandpa Derner. While Rece had a good time in the aquarium, he had more fun getting attention and playing in the water feature. That's fine, buddy, we have lots of opportunity for me to explain the finer points of giraffe handling systems and large cat dietary requirements.


  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment